- 10 Years of Asian Art
- Asian Art History
- Participant News
- Asian Art News
- In the Press
- Photos & Videos
- AWNY Contemporary
- Interior Design
What’s happening in Asian art
Asia Week New York March 2023: Daily Digest - Day Four
March 19, 2023
A small image of a Lama with its original seal. Tibet, 15th century. 11 cm high.; courtesy Buddhist Art
Asia Week New York continues with a wide selection of exhibitions, dealer appointments, and online shows.
- Happy Sunday! Find out who's open today with this list with a handy graph, which you can take with you while you gallery hop. Visit the dealers' pages for more details, and check out our interactive map in case you get lost. If you prefer the printed guide, it is available at the galleries and auction houses.
- Akar Prakar, Art Passages, Egenolf Gallery, Kaikodo LLC, and Thomas Murray are live in Asia Week New York's Online Exhibition.
- Bonhams, Christie's, Doyle, Heritage Auctions, iGavel and Sotheby's are holding auction viewings today.
TODAY'S FEATURED EVENTS
- 11am-12:30pm annual meeting and lecture, Japanese Art Society of America
- 4pm lecture, An Exploration of the Mary and Cheney Cowles Collection of Classical Chinese Furniture with Nicholas Grindley. Event capacity limited at Bonhams. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
The Asia Week New York 2023 Online Exhibition is live. Browse highlights from the exhibiting dealers as well as selections from upcoming auctions. Some of this year's participants are showing online only. The web address for the Online Exhibition is: march2023.asiaweekny.com
All of the dealers mentioned below are open today.
From the extremely rare Mirrors of the Modern Boudoir series published by Azuma-ya Daisuke comes the animated Plucking Eyebrows c. 1823 by Kunisada (1786-1865), included in the showcase Fine Japanese Prints: 300 Years of Japanese Prints, Ukiyo-e-Modern by Art of Japan.
The Asia Week daily digest features one auction highlight per day.
We hope you've enjoyed this daily digest for Day 4 of our 2023 edition! Discover even more exhibitions, auctions and events at asiaweekny.com.